Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vent window locks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kustom71, Dec 27, 2003.

1. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever replaced there vent window locks with the ones from LMC?Im thinkin of doin it maybe trying to get them to close tighter=less wind noise!let me know if anyone has any other suggestions?
    Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My opinion would be that the locks have nothing to do with wind noise. The locks can loosen up (and I think can be retightened, I believe there is both a gasket and plastic insert against the window there that could wear out) but more than likely, the weatherstripping is shot.

Not many of these trucks vent windows seal real well (relatively) so if you have one that doesn't leak, don't open it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. kustom71

kustom71 1/2 ton status

my wheatherstripping looks ok :are ther adjustments that can be made because when i checked it out the front corner of the glass does not touch the wheatherstrip but the backside were the lock is is butted up tight!I can even close up the gap by putting a nickel under the lock!\
    Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh i used the LMC ones cause my stock ones were rusted over, they are looser than the originals...

5. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

There was a guy on ebay who had some vent-window kits.. think it had the weather strip and new hardward for the latch. About $12.99 a side if i recall. Was thinking of getting a set and see if the hardware would work (modified?) on my Binder? Windows are real similar!

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i took mine apart and put o rings on either side of the glass in conjucktion with the lock and it helped alot the drivers side still leakes a little but nowwhere near as bad