Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vent window

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bushido, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Bushido

Bushido Registered Member

Hi,newbie to the board.Wanted info as to getting vent window frames or the whole thing on-line.Local yards are out of the question as all have rust.All the catalogs I have only sell the glass.Any help appreciated.btw this is for a '87 Scottsdale 4x4 (of course):wink1: .

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

lmctruck.com or search for LMC, im lazy.

3. Bushido

Mahalo dhcomp,ordering a catalog from them.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

These things are somewhat pesky to find. The best is to get them NOS from eBay, wait and watch and they show up every now and again. LMC sells the whole things, they are not so good. Their rubber blows chunks for these too, I spent 4 hours trying to git one piece on one last year with their rubber. And the glass channel they supplied, when you put the glass in the channel with it, the glass would fall out. Then I found some part numbers for the rubber and the dealers still sell them, so I refurbed a set last summer for a friend, using NOS rubber & channel, it wasn't so fun, they use special short stubby fat headed rivets I couldn't find anywhere, and fitting the rubber to them was a bear. For my truck, I saw a set NOS on ebay, and bought them. Much easier. Just had to weld the second mount hole to fit the 80's ones I bought to a '70's truck, but you won't have to worry about that in you '87.

5. Bushido

Thanks for the heads up '73.I wouldn't have been too happy if I spent $350/pr. and they didn't fit right.I'll try ebay,if not I guess I'll have no choice but to go lmc.I got 2 '87s and both have bad vent frames.

6. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

lol just get a new door. that's what i did after my hand went through the vent window, trying to get it oopen OUCH hahaha

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I bought 2 doors complete at pick-n-pull for 50.00. I through all of the glass away though. Look around for one in your area.

8. Bushido

I live in Hawaii and rust is a problem here so its hard to impossible to find good vents.---I just missed out on a pair on ebay last night from a '91 Jimmy.Sick!

9. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest