Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VENTING *contains much swearing*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, May 14, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Ok I just got my goddamn car back from the fawking mechanic after it was in the damned shop for a week getting the stupid fawking sending unit replaced. Well, I take it to the fawking gas station to fill it up, and I notice that there is a dripping sound coming from the bottom. Now mind you, this is after I already put in $24 worth of gas, about 13 gallons worth. Well I look over to the side of the car, and there is fawking gas EVERYWHERE. I'm talking like 3 gallons worth just all over the ground. So I was like "OH SH!T" and stopped pumping, then called my mechanic to get it back to him pronto. So I tell him my deal and he is like "oh i must have forgotten to tighten a few bolts" NOT EVEN THAT, then he tells me that he forgot to charge me for the 3 gallons he put in when I picked it up!! I was like WTF my car is fawking leaking gas everywhere and you want to charge me for the goddamned gas you put in it? So he sends a tow truck, and after about an hour it arrives. Well by then the leaking has slowed down a bit, but its still going nuts. Luckily the attendant was really nice and got me some towels to place over the gas spots. So when the tow truck guy loads up the car, it gets at an angle, and proceeds to pour out even more gas, like a soda can turned upside down. [censored]!! So it finally got loaded up and on its way. It was horrible. Well so now its at the mechanics again, sorry for the profanity, but I had to let that out.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats why i never let anyone work on my rig and if i do i stay there and watch them do the work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

all that expensive gas wasted! that really sucks man, hope the rest of the week goes better for yah

4. dysphemism

It's my regular commuter car, mercury cougar. The rest of my week is probably going to suck also, it's finals week at my school

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "oh i must have forgotten to tighten a few bolts"

[/ QUOTE ]

Be glad that guy ain't workin on airplanes...

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    "oh i must have forgotten to tighten a few bolts"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

John

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Unfortunately,,,,, there are A&P licensed mechanics just like that and worse who are working on, inspecting and siging off air planes... You would be surprised how many airplane crashes happen within 30 days of the last inspection.

8. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Thats the truth it is amazing some of the crap people will do to an airplane. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When he finally gets it fixed you should give him the gas bill and make sure he pays you back for it. Gas isn't cheap around here as you know. If he fails to pay for your gas then remind him about the better business bureau. I bet then he wants to pay for it.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Mechanics suck... really bad... if I can't fix it and I don't know someone who can, I'll either live with the problem or sell the damn truck... NEVER EVER will I go to a mechanic again unless it's a LAST RESORT type thing... I'm still bitter about my K5 that got MURDERED by a f*cking "certified mechanic"... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ya know, that's kinda rude making a generalization about mechanics like that... I know there are very good and qualified mechanics... just not in Cheyenne, Wyoming /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. dysphemism

Ok as an update, he just called me. He said that he was sent the wrong seal, so it didn't fit correctly. He got the correct one, filled up the tank, and it's not leaking. Of course no charge, so at least he did what he could to right the situation. I must say that that scared the hell out of me, I'd been driving it around for a while before I filled it up.