Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Venting Ebay sale gone bad.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Quetzal_SJ, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Well here it goes. I wanted a Cb so I decided to go with ebay I was very excited when I found one that I thought would be for a fare buy now price so I bought it. Had all the features I wanted I was happy. Till I recieved it. Not as discribed. Also when I emailed him witha complaint he was very defensive and angry(maybe he just needs a hug, yea right!) I choose to be as polite as possible when online, any cowered can be mean when hidding on the other side of a moniter. Let this person speak to me in this manner to my face and this would be a post of victory on my part. I do not claim to be the smartest person in the world but I work very hard for my money and don't like poor customer service.
    Thanks For your time

Quetzal

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hmmmm... Who was the seller? I just bought a Cobra weather/CB. I'm installing it this weekend before I leave the guy feedback. I think his/her name was Kelly or something with a K. He/She sells a lot of radio stuff, so I wonder if you got the same seller... Mine was $20 for a near new looking unit, so it won't be a huge loss if it's junk (plus, I work with a guy that solders transistors and diode's and capacitors and all that stuff all day; I've already contracted him to boost the power as much as possible for "testing"...).

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

3. Quetzal_SJ

His handle is funrus. Hey I hope you enjoy your cb let me know how that weather feature works.

Thanks Lico

4. rain1971

rain1971 Registered Member

just wanted to add, i heard on the news that the number one crime in the USA right now is theft, number two crime is internet auction fraud...

imports! cant live with them, can live without them.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Contact eBay and send them all the stuff sent between you too.... they are really good about helping people out. There is a $25 deductable, but to me it's more about principle then the item. If he cheated you he'll do it again. Leave him the feedback he deserves... then tell eBay if he leaves you something nasty why he did so. If found you are correct they will ban him. Worth a shot... they helped me get this guy who tried to rip me off! It worked he sent me a new mini air brush compressor because he was so caught! Anyhow let us know what you do... might help others in the future with something like this deal with it easier....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> That is IF you can contact E-bay ......... they make it hard to do.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

7. Quetzal_SJ

Hey thanks all for the feedback. I did file a complaint with Ebay but I just recieved one of those automated responces telling me everthing they can't do. I did file a fruad complaint with paypal. Also for someone to decide not to buy from this guy becuase of my bad experience would make it feel worth the wild. I have pasted our emails to each other, top being most recent and bottom being my first complaint. I also added a link to the ad <a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1324701564>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1324701564</a> From this guys other feedback it looks like its ok until you complain and then he just takes it pesonal and rips you a new one. One other thing , man it would bring a smile to my face if someone revield this person for who he is. I my self would find no pride in getting cocky ,rude or offensive with someone when hiding on the other side of a computer.

Thanks for lending an ear folks.

Lico

Him

Oh and as well. You comments etc. will be forwarded to cobra as any public comments you make will be considered slander as the product pic. discription etc. come directly from cobra!!!

Secondly, by your supposed retails for 149.99 I can tell you are not very realistic and therefore need to get online sales please.

----- Original Message -----
    To: Dwayne Swezey
    Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:51 PM
    Subject: Re: Congratulations! You have won Cobra 29 NW ST NW-ST-FR WOW!!

I'm sorry you feel that way.

First the Cobra 29 NW ST retails just under 149.00 . Four times what I paid would be a bit more than that.

Seconde, as for no one else ever complaining before I can not speak for them nor will I try.I can just say I did not get what i paid for.

Also I am very realistic. Let me share with you what I feel is.

I don't feel that I threaten you I only stated an action(action being negative feed back) that would take place if you did not resolve this with me and not rude just straight to the point. I just wanted what I thought I was paying for. A cobra 29 with night watch, seven weather channels and sound tracking. I did not get what was discribed in the ad you posted a pic that was not the same as what I recieved.Plus you did not mention that it was factory reconditioned. You added features in ad description that this radio does not have and that is fruad by ebay rules and that sr is very real for me. I have no problem with you notifying Ebay. You can leave me negative feed back if you like and you could be right about it hurting me more than you but I did do as I was supost to I paid in full on the agreed amount promtly. One other thing it is missing the Fcc rules booklet. I will be filing a fruad complaint with ebay when the thirty days is up if we do not resolve this by then. As for the negative feedback I will still be leaving it as I said I would.

Thank You for your time

Quetzal
    To: Quetzalcoatl Cazador
    Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 4:16 PM

We do not respond to threats and ebay will hear of this!!

Simply amazing:

1. You got an item that retails for 4 times what you paid
    2. No one has ever complained before on these what so ever

You can obviously tell you are new and unrealistic. And as far as feedback goes? It will look alot worse on you then us

You are the weakest link-Goodbye

To: swezeys@peak.org
    Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 9:07 AM

Hello,

I am unhappy with the CB it does not have the seven weather channels like mentioned in ad(bottom of features list in your ad) also you did not say that it was factory reconditioned. The microphone is not the same as pictured. I will be leaving negative feed back if this can not be resolved by fri 1/31/02. You can contact me by email or call me on my cell...

408-ooo-oooo

Thank You

Quetzal

8. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

ebay is a total crock
    if you get ripped off (which you will) ebay will basicly tell you to go f*ck yourself. my favorite excuse is "nobody but you has complained we have a great record!" yeah well i dont give a damn about your record i just want my stuff!

man i hate ebay. right now im going around and around with some guy who forgot to set a minimum price and i won 48 issues of outdoor life (used magazines, what a rare commodity) for 1.25 and he refuses to sell them to me.

he who bash other 4x4, look silly when being pulled out by it.

9. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya man I bought a fork for a mountain bike and it's blown up and no good, but I didn't realize this until 5 months later when I got ready to put it on. Doubt anything is going to come of it either

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

10. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

35 Neutral feedbacks and 32 Negative feedbacks. WOW!!! I don't buy items from anyone that has 1 negative feedback. Sorry to say, but this was a disaster waiting to happen. All you have to do is look at this guy's feedback profile and you can tell that he's not a good seller. And he seems to make fun of everyone that leaves him negative feedback.

However, since his listing has pictures and describes the CB in detail you may have a case with eBay if in fact you didn't receive what was described. It may take some time to get the whole thing right but it might be worth the time. You'll not only be helping yourself but anyone else who might be thinking of buying from this guy. IMHO, anyone with that many negative feedbacks should be booted.

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I saw his listings too, but his feedback turned me off to bidding in his auctions.
    I would think you have a good case. I've had two problems with Ebay recently, and their customer service has been awesome. I actually demanded someone call me in an email and left my cell number, and the next day, someone actually called me, and we worked the problem out in 5 minutes. Your's is a little more complex, but I would think they'd try to help you.

Welll.... The unit I got doesn't receive CB well, but I think I found the problem, and it looks like an easy fix... I also forgot, I bought the unit knowing that it didn't receive CB, but transmits fine, and receives weather. I'm a bonehead, though, as it doesn't have PA functions, which I want.

Takers suck. It's amazing to me that the dude sells anything with that feedback.

Good luck!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

12. ChevyCaGal

Out of 1700 plus feedbacks that is not a big deal to have that many negative... there is always people who can't be pleased. The over all rating is good on this seller. I'd bought from them based on this... however people do weird things and screw others at times... I still say eBay will resovle it if they are brought in. He probably is making good money and if eBay gets in there will make good. He sure doesn't wanna be banned for being a jerk it'll only hurt him....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

13. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I like the "you are the weakest link" quote, how original. I look for obscure parts for my blazer...little odds and ends I need but cant find locally. Pay-Pal rocks. I had a video game deal go bad and I got all of my money back. The company sent it to the wrong address, they sent it to 210 park instead of 201 park, then tried to tell me it must have gotten lost...I hope pay pal comes through for you! If not we will get a convoy of K5's to run over his car.

14. Quetzal_SJ

Well just wanted to share that I recieved a responce from both ebay and paypal. Yes I was brushed off by both.Gues I will file with visa next.

Thanks all

Lico

15. ChevyCaGal

If you charged it then you should get help from them. I have MC and they rock when I have problems. Another thing, how was the package mailed to you? If he used the USPS.... go ding him for mail fraud. The postal service is someone you don't mess with because it's a federally owned...