Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Venturing into starting my business..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 2High4U, Dec 13, 2006.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im seriously thinking about starting up my business I already have the license just worried about taking the risk even though its minimal. anyone else ever thought about running your own business?

I am looking for something practical to sell but im not sure what.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Jump in, the water's fine...

Find something that you love to do, and set aside 1/3 of what you take in for taxes. everything else, you can learn as you go.

Tom

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Crime scene cleanup. The money is wicked if you can handle the smells and sights. I'm working on starting up right now, looking to be up and running by summer.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my wife worked for Servpro before i met her. that was part of what they did.they do clean up after fires and suicides.mostly for insurance companies. if they are gonna be your main customer get ready to wait 30 to 60 days for payment.just a little heads up.:D

5. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Whoa I dont think I want venture that far.. I can hardly clean up dog barf and crap!

I was looking into dropshipping and selling merchandise. that way I wont have to keep inventories and they ship directly from the warehouse. It seems pretty easy but when you are looking at wholealers and see what they have to offer it makes you wonder what the hell am I going to sell. I am aslo worried because this is my first time just seems simple its scary.

If I were to open up a business for services I would probably open a shop, but then again that takes money to get started and there is tons of risk.

6. boggerless

my neighbor tried doing that internet sales thing. he had an 800 number and everything."i never touch the product,i just do the selling".all it did was cost him money,he never sold a thing.and he had to pay for the 800 number.be carefull bro.:D

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're a sick man..................................................:D

8. boggerless

the old lady scraped some guys head splattered all over the ceiling.:laugh:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

That suicide I worked over the summer; if it had been inside the pickup and not out in the field, I probably wouldn't have lasted...............

10. boggerless

i can not imagine cleaning that stuff up.i can hang with some crazy stuff, but if i had to look at a real person laying dead..... my hats off to you Bubba

11. boggerless

ya know, you could do it. thats part of your job,and i know you love your job.my OTHER friend Mike works in Westland. he told me they use VICKS in there nose to cover the smell of a dead body.:dunno: and keep a sharp knife to cut them down.:laugh:

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just sell drugs, 1000% profit .....................
    J/K!
    Get into Import/Export.
    Really, you can fly all over the world, see cool places, meet new people and buy stuff for dirt cheap and sell it in the states for huge mark-ups.
    All your travel, hotels, car rentals and meals are a write off.
    Details at www.InternationalLiving.com
    how you can pay for your travel expenses (and then some) to many places simply by shopping for bargains---electronics in Taiwan, clothing in Hong Kong, leather goods in Morocco, gemstones in Brazil and Colombia, antique furniture and paintings in Great Britain, horses in Ireland, blankets in Mexico, leather goods in Uruguay, watches in Switzerland, the list goes on and on. Some people not only pay their expenses this way...they make a living at it!
    If I was single, I'd think about it.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Seriously, I do not do dead bodies. As long as I don't have to look at the faces, it's not too bad, but because I was primary on that suicide, I wasn't getting out of it. Just the other day, I was going through files and pulled some pictures out and it was of that kid and when I pulled out the pic to see what I had, I jumped when I saw it.