Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

verizon as a dsl isp are horrible! rant and who to get hold of about it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Apr 23, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok i have had verizon 1.5 dsl for over a year now, the first 12 months seemed fine had great bandwitch and all that,

well recently i found out through a speed test that the bandwitch was only 500 some kpbs

so i call the retardss up and tell them and they make me go through all therse ip config commands and unplug my modem and crap evne though i know its a problem in line outside of the building or problem there at verizon, well thats what they determined after makeing me do this crap over the phone

so they said they would call in a couple days and come out and fix it

never got a call, so i call a few days later and am like what the hells the deal now one called or came or anything

so they say theyll call this time

still no call

so i called back and said cancel this crap im not taking 600kpbs in place of 1.5meg thats bull****

what should i do ?

i cant find another dsl isp around here there is nothing else

who do i talk to or get a hold of ?

im ****ing pissed !

phuck verizon! they are a bunch of bull**** lying bandwidth robbing artists!

i tihnk if i cancel and stay off for like amonth then i can get back on for like 30 a month for with the introductory 1.5 again, but the bandwidth would be crap still im sure,,

thanks for anything

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what should i do or what would you do ?

i guess no one knows or cares

thanks..

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i went cable when i was picking between the 2.. DSL seems iffy to me.. i've always heard you get what you pay for with DSL.. if your only paying 30 a month on a DSL line, it'll be slow. whereas if your paying 80 a month it'll be lightning... but i'm no expert for sure..

i'd bitch again or drop em...

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well i know bitching does no good with this crap company, so hmm

id say false advertising since they say 1.5 and only give you 600kp

i coudl see maybe 1 meg at lowest maybe

then it may be ok i could live with it, but only 600k when its supposed to be 1.5 meg ?

who cna i contact ? who should i ? how? cuz i want to go with this one where i can,, cuz i think its bullcrap plus they said they were sending someone out to fix the line twice and never called back or anything on that!

they just dont want to do it and wont.. even after promising to,

i highly do not recommend verizon, for anything, they are crap! i am now starting advertise such.., anywhere and anyway i can, all messengers, boards, forums, email signatures, telling everyone i know, and so forth!

screw them!

thanks for anything further

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if you can get it go with cable it rocks :D :D

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I love you guys... all smart about trucks, and all dumb about internet. =)

Just kidding... I was dumb at one time too... But anyway, I digress...

1.5mbps or 2.0mbps or 3.0mbps... are all advertised speeds for different internet companies. The problem with the way they advertise, is that internet speeds are not measured in megabits per second, they are measured in Kilobytes per second, or KB/s. 3.0mbps is equivalent to about 600KB/s. If you are getting 500KB/s on a 1.5mbps line, you are doing quite well.... as advertised speeds are usually an estimated maximum speed. Being over 300KB/s on a 1.5mbps line is amazing, so stick with your provider.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I use Comcast, good customer service in my area and fast internet, ZOOOOOM.

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

same.... :D

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We use Direcway. It's kind of pricey but it's fast and reliable. Never had an issue. I need to get up on the roof and tweak it a little bit as I was in a big ole hurry when we moved in cuz Jenn had class stuff she needed to get turned in but even with pretty low signal strength it rocks right along.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The last time I looked into sattelite internet, it had a bancwidth per day cap

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

at least your not on A-O hell...

I'd love to dump AOL and get a REAL IPS provider!!--I have lots of trouble with my computer being "dropped" when I'm online,or it wont shut off right,links work when they feel like it--its also slow as molasses on dial up--it takes me 3 hours just to read the recent posts in the garage and lounge! :blush: --and it ties up the phone all day too,another source of constant arguments with my mom--but she refuses to change anything,and she's paying for it--so I guess I have to live with it until I get work an buy some other proivider--I dont like AOL very much... :crazy:

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I dunno Joe. If they do we've never reached it and Jenn has downloaded some pretty serious files in the past. Hell I uploaded some 250 pretty good sized pictures the other day from when we went playin in the rocks and it just sallied right along.

Like I said the downfall is price but since we refuse to deal with the telephone company anymore this is what we could use when we lived out in the boonies and we've just kept it since we moved back to Phx.