Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vertical doors

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by PeteH, Apr 14, 2006.

1. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

anybody install lambo style doors? my sis and i are installing them on her s2000. theres a problem though....they are easy to open but it takes a lot to pull it down. any help would be great..even if you just have been in a car with them.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

cant you change the hydrolic lifter to a weaker one?

3. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

but then wouldnt it be harder to open?(my sisters car so she has to be able to open it.)

i'm kinda thinking that she may have to give them time until they get softer..i just read somewhere that somepeople have that prob, and it may take a while, i think thats dumb.. but oh well my sis' car.

I like your avatar by the way.oh yea..where abouts do you live in so cal? i used to live in orange county.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i live in the city of orange. Well how easy do they open, like do they fly up? They sell all kinds of hydrolic things at pepboys and kragen here. I dont know what size you need, but it may not hurt to try, and if they are too weak, return them

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Check with the company you got the kit from. Some of them are adjustable.

6. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

they dont fly up that quickly...the hydrolic thing is really small like 7-8 inches long when compressed and can lift like 700 lbs.

i'm now having issues with all the gaps. i've installed a lot of doors and even skinned a few doors. but these hinges..ehhh they suck. but i will make them fit and take pictures later.

7. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

ok well i maxed out the hinges as far as they could go one way still didnt fit. then took the passenger side ones out of the box and tried to open them up...they didnt even open up!!!(zerk fitting in the path of opening) they didnt build em right...my sis opted to take them off and return them. i'm kinda glad. she should buy the weld in ones and not the bolt ons. or just spen money on her individual throttle bodies or super charger...thatd b nice..

8. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine has lambo doors on his eclipse. When the kit was new it was hard to pull the doors down, After a few months it got easier. In the winter he has trouble getting the doors to go up. I believe the temperature effects the way the gas shocks work in his kit.