Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Very Bad News

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Grey Thunder, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Grey Thunder

Grey Thunder Registered Member

Home: Ojai, Ca......School:Santa Cruz, Ca
    well fellows i have recently blown up the 383 engine that i had... i was driving down the freeway and the truck just started make the most insane noise ive ever heard....turns out i threw a rod right into my crank and it knocked the crank loose and that was what was bouncing around and making the noise... so i got it replaced and the guys that replaced my engine stole it from their work and they were arrrested and fired...so now i dont have my truck cuz their work wants it for evidence and shoit like that and ive been talking with the cops and chevy ceo's for the past week.

just thouhgt you guys would want to know about this...

dj

" If it ain't a chevy, don't raise it up"

2. 88K5Rhododendron

88K5Rhododendron Registered Member

ouch... that's all I can say... ouch

gasoline4life! Or rocket fuel... I could see my blazer with some rockets on it... :)

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice shop!![​IMG] Is this what the world is coming to? How long before you get your truck back from these a$$holes?

Rene

[​IMG]

4. Grey Thunder

i have no idea when i will get it back....i still have to talk to the chevy guys...i dont know if they are gonna put another new engine in or what....

dj

5. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

sounds like their work should be paying for you a rental vech. while they have your truck

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>

6. FWP

FWP CRS

At least![​IMG]. Write a letter to the GM CEO. You should get a response, or a phone call. The results may suprise you.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

7. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

the shop has no right to keep your truck as "evidence". Only the police can do that and they have to give you a property receipt. If you want the truck back, go get it. If they refuse go to the judge or magistrate and tell them you want a theft warrant. Unless they put a lein on it because you still owe them money they have to turn it over. Police don't like impounding vehicles either, because unless they have their own impound lot, the tax payers have to foot the storage bill. If it is seized as evidence you can appeal to the judge that the seizure creates an undue hardship. They may let you drive it with a condition that it be presented on the court date. Good luck!

"who dares wins"

8. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    They can take pictures or video tape the vehicle for evidence. if it is truly evidence it will be stored at a tow yard or impound lot and secure. If the garage is keeping it they can give you something else to drive.

9. Grey Thunder

thanks for the info guys...ill talk to them today...wish me luck

dj

10. SVBlazer

SVBlazer 1/2 ton status

Might want to email Depdog for his spin on you situation. He's in the business, so to speak....