Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Very few people....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Are on my drop-everything-and-help list.

I just got back from towing a friend's K5 from Emporia to Wichita. Had a number of hiccups such as frying my K5's lighting system, getting a fix-it ticket (state trooper was really understanding of the situation). Had to drive back to town after the ticket, call up another friend with a truck, load up the tow dolly and drive 5 hours (round trip).

Now it's 3 AM and I have to be at work at 7 AM.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It's a very honorable thing you did

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah I think I honestly only have 1 or 2 friends like that, everyone else just seems to be out to get something for free these days or just to benefit themselves. Kinda sucks but whatever. yeah that was a cool thing you did congrats..........you get a smiley face sticker:laugh:

Remington

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Wouldn't that be a smiley face smiley?

Cool thing, Jagged! I have a few friends that I'd do that for and fortunately they in return.

Have a good sleepy day!

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Two 24 oz "Full Throttle", two cans of mt dew, and two 20 oz bottles of mountain dew later.... I'm still kickin' :D

6. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

It was the first road trip that Mitch and I have been on that I did NOT fall asleep. I was proud of myself because I fell asleep quickly after we got back.

7. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

This is also true.

We have yet to have a road trip where something serious does not go wrong. However, we have yet to have an unsuccessful road trip (thank's to my hard-headedness) :D

8. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

This is SO true!!!! :bow:

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Lets see...

Trip to Colorado to pick up a TH400/203/205 and visit 89GMCSuburban -- Blew out the sidewall of my front right tire going down the interstate

Towing the '74 K5 for Wes (thatK30guy) from Wichita to Ellsworth -- stopped at a truck stop and had the 74 roll over the front end of the car dolly

And now, trip to Emporia and back for rtrotter to get his '84 K5 that blew a tranny seal -- fried half the lighting system in my truck

Good times. I just hope I'm building up karma for when I take the big road trip in about 15 months from Kansas to Virginia.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: damn Mitch,that reminds me of when i picked up a FREE truck.a two and a half hour ride ended up being 8 hours.your a good friend bro and so is Heather for going with you.the last time i was called to help it was 3 AM the day before thanksgiving. about 8 years ago, my friend Chris went wheeling and got stuck in a frozen pond.HA HA the first thing i did was check my fridge for beer.i knew they would be thirsty.i had a 12 pack so off i went.an hour ride there but it was worth it to see that they could have got out if they pulled the lever back.:haha: they were gratefull,but happier about the beer.:rotfl: :rotfl: