Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL OF US

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CBLAZER81, Apr 29, 2000.

1. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

We "ALL" HAVE to start checking the "Land Use" section of this forum.I didn't check much myself but I did tonight and I found some VERY disturbing information about our governments (possible--??)future(possibly soon to be present)plans for puting an end to pretty much all off-road vehicle use.Much to my dismay I found it a day too late to send my letter to the people that could listen and possibly make a difference.I'm not a political person at all but,if laws are being passed to restrict me from doing something that I REALLY enjoy,I'm gonna do my DAMEDEST to make it stop.
    From now on the Land Use page will be where I start.I hope you guys/gals will at least check it.
    OOOKaaay I'm done........I think.....uuummm ok

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Registered Member

Yes, I know we all THINK we’re not political but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again! If your breathin’, your political. In yesterdays Colorado Springs newspaper the headline was something to the effect of “Snowcats banned from National Parks”. If they can do it to cats, they can do it to you! We really ARE next! Change the laws at a local level and the bureaucrats will have to obey!!
    You CAN make a difference!
    Do It!!

3. fredd

fredd 1/2 ton status

A good phrase to remember :
    "Have you written you government today? Why Not? You must like how things are going..."
    I do this for gun rights,land use and other points.
    Thanks to the internet and e-mail, the average man-in-the-street is getting more powerfull then ever.
    Use that power, it helps.

fredd

4. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Registered Member

Fred's right. The net makes each one of us individually more powerful! Your e-mail never indicates if your 21 and broke or if your 51 and rich! It just gives your ideas!
    I just wanted to add one other thing here in the terms of Human cost.
    In case you guys thought I was just blowing steam because I don’t like bureaucrats.
    When I got out of the Navy, I traveled inland until I ran out of money. Turns out I ended up in a place called Thief River Falls, Minnesota. You guys probably never even heard of it. It’s the home of Arctic Cat snowmobiles. Provides a lot of jobs for people that need ‘em. Good Americans, good people, that never hurt anybody a day in their lives and support everything that Americans hold dear. Most of them first generation. Their father's came over from Norway and Sweden for opportunity. This bill will cause people with money to buy fewer cats. There’ll be fewer jobs in Thief River. If your for this bill, I want you to imagine yourself sitting in the Highway 59 Bar, if it’s still there, and telling Ole and Lena that it’s OK that they don’t have a job anymore.
    If your concerned about the environment, that’s OK to, but there was a way to cut down on the emissions with out banning the cats. Like I said, We’re next!!