Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Very scary saturday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I went over to my parents' house yesterday to pick up my brother since he was going to stay with me for th eweekend. When I got there my mom said my dad wasn't feeling good and his stomach was hurting. He was feeling really bad, so after an hour or so he hurt so bad that I took him to the Urgent Care. They loked at him and said that they thought he had a minor heart attack. They got an ambulance over there and rushed him to the ER. They did some more tests that still didn't rule out a heart attack, but kinda saw that it might possibly not be one, too. They did some more tests and found that he had a large gall bladder stone lodged in te passageway. The pain was making his heart do strange things. They rushed him in ti emergency surgery and removed his gall bladder He is doing fine now. Scariest day I have ever had. My dad is my best friend and the tought of losing him scared the [I love Jeeps] out of me. When he got out, he was in good spirits. He looks very Italian and when I went to see him in his hospital room, he said in his best Italian accent "You gotta take care of the guy who did this to me" and "you gotta take care of da family" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am going to get ready to head back over to the hospital in a few minutes.

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Glad it turned out good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Your dad sounds like a funny /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Best wishes to you and your dad, Blaze!

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a helluva guy. Tell him he's in our prayers...

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Wow, I know how that can be /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. My Dad's a large guy and we thought he was having a heart attack last Christmas morning. Took him to the hospital and it ended up just being vertigo, but it's still really scary when things like that happen.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I feel for ya Blaze, and I hope your Family the best. I'm in the same boat right now. My dad has been doing blood test for the last couple days after losing energy. The test showed he is anemic (lack of red blood cells) so he is having to get iron injections for that and they also showed that he has either lukemia or bone cancer. which means chemo or marrow transplants. we went though these feelings last eyar when he had his colonastomy(which the dr. said these are unrelated)

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jeremy

7. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went over to my parents' house yesterday to pick up my brother since he was going to stay with me for th eweekend. When I got there my mom said my dad wasn't feeling good and his stomach was hurting. He was feeling really bad, so after an hour or so he hurt so bad that I took him to the Urgent Care. They loked at him and said that they thought he had a minor heart attack. They got an ambulance over there and rushed him to the ER. They did some more tests that still didn't rule out a heart attack, but kinda saw that it might possibly not be one, too. They did some more tests and found that he had a large gall bladder stone lodged in te passageway. The pain was making his heart do strange things. They rushed him in ti emergency surgery and removed his gall bladder He is doing fine now. Scariest day I have ever had. My dad is my best friend and the tought of losing him scared the [I love Jeeps] out of me. When he got out, he was in good spirits. He looks very Italian and when I went to see him in his hospital room, he said in his best Italian accent "You gotta take care of the guy who did this to me" and "you gotta take care of da family" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I am going to get ready to head back over to the hospital in a few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats like my dad , he is full italian even though he
    doesnt act it , he definately sounds it and looks it.

i am glad your dad is doing well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

He is doing a lot better now. He is home and except for a drain they had to put in his chest and a little pain, he is fine. He's at home recovering now. Now they just have to look and see why his EKG showed he had a heart attack. They said it was probably just from the extreme pain of having a large gall stone lodged in the passageway and backing everything up. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif