Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Very very low Idle... 90 5.7 tbi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Jun 29, 2005.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My blazer is idling very low for some reason, almost to the point of stalling. I just changed plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and it still has the low idle. Now after I changed those things I have all the power that I lost back, its just after I let off the gas it bearly runs. If I put my foot on the gas a little it brings it back up to what I consider normal idle rpms. I have to change the fuel filter next week, but does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this low idle. Vacuum leak?? ECM?

Thanks

2. kd7kmp

kd7kmp Registered Member

Check for a vacuum leak. I had the same problem. I didn't notice that a vacuum hose had come apart back by the distributor when I did a tune up. I replaced ALL the vacuum hose I could as it all looked original. One more thing...do you have cruise control? If you do and it won't work (assuming it worked before) then you have a vacuum leak.

Kevin

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The original Owner, cut the cruise conrtol wire right at the switch. So I dont know. I guess I'll check all my lines, my egr valve seems to be functioning as well. I'll check the soloniod next week as well, because the rest of the week I'll be at Ceadar point