Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Very weird and sad thing happened to me today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 75-K5, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I sold my '77 C10 shortbed last Saturday to a really nice guy who came from a couple towns over. He came with his nephew, who was basically his son and only family member. Well he drove it and really liked it and said he'd take it. Well I had lost the title so I told him I'd have to go apply for a new title. We agreed on him paying me half the sale price then and when the new title came we'd exchange it and he'd pay me the other half. Well today I was just getting ready to call him to let him know I applied for the new title and the phone rang. The number looked a lot like his. I answered it and it was his nephew. He said "I wanted to let you know Larry passed away Tuesday." :eek1: That hit me like a brick wall. He told me he had the money and that he'd go ahead and pay me the rest and take the truck so I know it isn't a scam. I saw the obituary in the newspaper. The reason he bought the truck is he totaled his about a week before that in a wreck that him and his nephew were both in. Well the nephew went to the hospital but Larry never did and ended up forming some kind of ulcer and died of internal bleeding. His nephew found him Tuesday afternoon sitting in his chair at his house. :( I don't know why but it really got to me. He was in his upper 50s but he seemed healthy, and he really liked the truck and was excited about getting it. It's just a shame he never got to enjoy it other than driving it home on Saturday. This is definitely the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

So RIP Larry

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

WOW that is super wierd, i cant imagine how strange that would feel.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Wow. That almost made me cry and I don't know why either. That's horrible. Please send on our condolences to the nephew.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

been there done this, basically,

i was buying this 68 c-30 dumptruck a couple years back and i just gave the owner/seller the third weekly 300 dollar payment that we agreed on for it and he passed away like a few days after that before i could go turn in the title,(original IL 1968 one even, wierd little black and white one- the second original one ive gotten for a 67 68 c-30 truck so far)

its crazy.. and i really am scared of the D word, makes me sad and i think about it alot :/

but anyways when i went to the DMV i was like uhh since he passed away am i gonna have amy problems with transferring title from him to me ?
    they said it was ok though

its crazy

i didnt keep the truck for too long, just too freaky for me, i cant take stuff like this, :/ :(

good luck

5. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

That is really sad. It always bothers me hearing things like that. The same thing happened to a friend of mine back in Sept of 2001. He bought a Clodzilla off a guy here in Jersey. After no more responses by email and the like he was getting worried. As it turns out, on the 11th the seller was killed in those cowardly attacks in New York.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

thats crappy :( :(

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Kind of the same thing happened to a footbal star in highschool. He got into a wreck and he didn't seem to be hurt but he had a head trauma and died of a concusion a few days later. :(

That kind of stuff makes me sad. :(

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

so he liked my trans, eh? :D

really sucks that he didnt get to enjoy the truck though. at least its gone, one less truck you have to worry about.

9. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

:( What a bummer!I believe a moment of silence is in order and a prayer for
    the nephew.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

here's a cheerful thought...

It could have been ANY of US!!...so enjoy whats left of your life,tommorrow might be too late to start... :eek1: :(

That said,I'm off to see one of my favorite artists in concert tonight!
    Kathy Mattea! :D :D :laugh:

Sorry to hear that about the guy who was to buy your truck....but life happens.. :doah: ..you never know when,but we all have to go someday.. :eek1: :(