Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VH1 Awesomly bad songs, Nickelback...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 18, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright I'm a big Nickelback fan. And the fact that "Figured You Out" is number 2 on the Awesomely bad songs list sucks to me. They take the song like its not about a druggy girlfriend that he starts out loving and grows to hate after she turns into a coke head. All I know is my girl loves the song and the opening line turns her on so **** you VH1. :D

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I like Nickelback too, and don't understand the animosity they seem to get...:dunno:

Rene

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've been a fan for years. Since "the State"(3rd CD of 5 even though most think there are only 4). Tshy introduced me to them back then. The band is a special thing we share, cause we are both fans and she introduced me to them. I can understand people making fun of the bands that Chad Kroger wrote for cause well they didn't write their own stuff but why does that in turn make Nickelback crap?

If you want to make fun of Nickelback do it for their remake of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright". About the only song from the 4 cds I own that I do not like.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That damn "Because Of You Song" is catchy

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I don't trust VH1, nor do I like them. I don't see them as a very legit pop culture authority.... IMO, MTV is a better prevailer of that kinda crap.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like their list shows just cause of the comedians they have making fun of everything.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's because they're Canadian. :)

I love Nickelback, and all the bands Chad Kroeger writes for. They have a great stage show, too.