Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibe and tranny noise...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Sep 19, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well I have noticed that my truck has had this weird vibe on the interstate. It only happens at about 75 or 80 (i don't really know since I have no speedo)But I will be accelerating pretty slowly going with the flow then once I hit a certain speed, there are vibes...The are pretty high frequency. But the strange thing is that it corrolates to a strange noise in my 465...The 465 is kinda on the old and worn side and it has tons of play between the gears...IN fourth especially...When the vibe starts, the gears sound like there are flapping around and slapping each other...just lots of clacks and such...As soon as I put the clutch in, all the vibes stop, but when I let the clutch out, the vibe worsens momentarily and it sounds like I'm driving on a rumble strip. I also notice that there is a littke play in the output shaft of my t-case...Could this be the cause of the vibe... Or could it be a harmonic vibe in the tranny b/c of how loosy goosy it is?

Thaks gang...

Chris