Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibe in front end just started

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxK5Blazer, Dec 17, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

got in my truck to go out tonight and I noticed that the damn thing started to vibrate down the road. never did this before i can feel it in the steering wheel..What could it be going to check the ball joints tommorow....Jason

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

worn steering stabilizer, alignment off, tires chopped, loose wheel bearings...

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Very possible you could have thrown a tire weight. I have had that happen before.

4. TxK5Blazer

steering stabilizer is brand new like a week old but I will check the other things could I have broken a belt in my tire messing around at work and climbing a 1 foot curb in 2wd or not....Jason

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it happened to mine the other day on freeway on way back from peoria, and its the LH tie rod end, its shot, check that on yours, i have about 3" of slop in steering wheel and its cocked to the right real bad going down the road worse all of a sudden, this seems to be common thing, my stepdad had to replace his on the 81 too, was junk

6. TxK5Blazer

I hope that is not it I just put a new rock rod on there about 2 months ago with the new tie rod ends that came with it and if this is as long as they last I will junk it ....Jason

7. TxK5Blazer

FOUND the problem. broken belts in both front tires so off to buy some new ones man that sux. or find some used ones and swap them to the rear. oh yeah they won't warranty my roadhazad tires at least that is what they tell me .....Jason

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Broken belts are a defect in workmanship and material...covered under warranty ...unless you told them what you were doing when it happened...I'd take it to a different shop that sells your brand...and play dumb while they check it...if it's got some tread left it could save you a couple bucks as warranty...

I just put a new set of BFG AT's on my Jimmy....while they were on the balancer I told the kid that 8oz means something ain't right...He told me that "all big tires take a lot of weight"...the others all have like 1.5oz...so I told him he was an idiot ...they didn't have another one, so I took it as is and drove it for about 2 weeks...took it back in, manager and I found the defect/broken belt, replaced the tire at no charge....