Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibes above 3000rpm...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ever since i installed my new trans i've noticed a slight vibration if i accelerate above 3krpm. as soon as it shifts it smooths out. its pretty slight, but i notice it. was glass smooth before. what could causs this? could it be the mainshaft in the trans? not sure how things are put together in an AT, so i dont know if this would be the case. only other thing i suspected was maybe the flywheel, but since it was fine before i figured that shouldnt have changed. any ideas?

trans is a 700r4, new one is a different core, level 2 rebuild by bowtie overdrive

2. BIG STEVE

BIG STEVE Registered Member

Shure its not exaust hitting some thing maybe takes that mutch torge to get it into some thing is it bad or just some thing differant?

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont think its exhaust. its feels like a slight out of balance in the rotational mass. kinda shakes a bit. exhaust pipe vibe would typically just make a sound.
    didnt start til after i put the new trans in. nothing else on the truck was changed.

4. BIG STEVE

BIG STEVE Registered Member

differant converter man some times that stuff will drive a guy nuts
    try un bolting the converter and rotating it 180 if that helps go 90
    ether way better worce you get the drift.
    The worst thing that happens to use is if a guy would buy more than 1 dozer/ loader whatever and shur as hell one would have a slight vibration or less power if he only got 1 he had no problem but i feel your pain.

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i think i'll give that a try. thanks