Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration after lift install

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kodiak, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

I finally got my lift in. A 2.5inch skyjacker lift. Now I have a vibration that is worse with acceleration. It is not bad but it was not there before. I am guessing it is from the drive shaft. I was told the drive shaft length and angle would not be a problem with this lift. What gives?

<a target="_blank" href=http://kodiak.coloradok5.com>kodiak.coloradok5.com</a>

2. frito

frito Registered Member

maybe your pinion angle is bad you may have got flat blocks and it made your pinion point more flat than up twords the TC often the blocks that come in lifts are cut at a slight angle to point the pinion up a little more than norm, also there are sometimes small angled shims too
    i would get under your truck and look at the rear axle if the pinion isnt pointing up and is pretty straight with the driveline then your angle is prolly bad

3. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

No. The blocks are correct. I'm thinking maybe a u joint is bad. It may not have been bad enough to notice at the stock angle but now it is having to work a little more???

<a target="_blank" href=http://kodiak.coloradok5.com>kodiak.coloradok5.com</a>

4. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

easy way to tell if its your driveshaft angle.... lift the back end of the truck completely off of the ground...doesnt have to be sky high but just enough so the tires are dangling...now look at the driveshaft... i did this with mine and the u-joints were at an inoperable angle...i lowered the tcase and lifted it again...the driveshaft wasnt bound up at all...
    if it looks wrong, it probably is