Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration at different Speeds

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarheel, Apr 1, 2004.

1. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

i've got a '73 k5 w/ a 4" skyjacker lift and 33's. not much else has been done to it. anyway... i realize that the truck is 30+ years old, but i'm getting some bad vibrations (it's actually more like hopping) /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif at around 20mph and then again at 55 mph. anybody know where the problem might be? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    tia,
    matt

2. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

Possibly a broken belt on a tire? Jack it up and spin the tires. Should be able to tell.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, sounds like a tire problem to me, maybe out of balance, may have lost a weight or something, or as previously mentioned, a broken belt / tire seperating.

4. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

thanks for the info!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    dumb question... but if i spin it and there is a problem, how will i tell? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

You will see on the tread area of the tire if there is any seperation or bulging, it's usually pretty obvious.

But as mentioned before, it could just be something as simple as a wheel weight had fallen off, check to see if you are missing any weights, usually the sign is a clean area where the weight used to be.