Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration fixed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody. Just an epilogue to my vibration post in case anyone cares. Tuesday nite I took it a garage down the street that had been recommended to me. The mechanic who drove it around with me told me I had two problems. First I was getting the vibration in OD when I accelerated cause the clutch plate in my tranny shudders. But....

He said that wasn't that big of a deal. The only reason I could even notice it was the same reason I vibrated at idle. My engine was misfiring. I have a bad valve seal in one cylinder (I burn oil) and it had fouled the plug. So that cylinder wasn't firing, hence the misfire. So yesterday I checked all the plugs and found the bad one and replaced it. Now it runs great.

Just thought I would share the fixage!

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

2. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

glad to hear it was a simple fix. is that OD shudder going to be a problem in the near future?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

3. Same exact thing happened to mine, someone in here said it could be the plugs/wires/timing, I found the bad plug and replaced it, now I carry extras with me, never know when it will foul again, because I know it will.

Have the vibration also, when accelerating, just kinda deal with it, but I would like to know what kind of fix it is?

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Thanks nyyef. The mechanic said it is not a really big deal (especially since I can't feel it when it isn't compounded by the engine misfire). He said to change the tranny fluid and add some sort of additive that increases friction (or something like that[​IMG]). He said it happens all the time and usually the additive fixes it right up.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I am highly impressed you remembered Mudfrog [​IMG][​IMG]. I didn't ask about it. It didn't do it when we went out on a test drive and it only does it occasionally anyway. I mentioned it cause it seemed to fit in with the possible mount problem. Obviously I shoulda thrown in the bad valve seal/burning oil fact in there [​IMG]. Thanks though Mudfrog.

I think I'm gonna get a steering brace in the near future anyway so I don't have to worry about that. I will keep an eye on it though.

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

The main reason I remembered is because I'm having the exact same problem. Mine started out doing it occasionaly but it does it every time I start off now. VERY ANNOYING [​IMG]. When yours clanks does it sound like it is comming from the front driverside of the vehicle? That is where mine comes from.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

8. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

glad you found your problem john- jess

9. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Thanks Jess!

10. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I have two distinctive noises. I assume they are from the same thing, but quite possibly not. When I turn, I get a creak, like a rusty hinge opening. I have also gotten (not all the time) a clunk. It is a deep sound like something is shifting (moving). It happens right under my left foot in the cab.

Can you see your body mounts? Do you think your problem is body related or more mechanical? Just wondering [​IMG]!

11. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I've started noticing a creek on mine also over the past couple days. I'm leaving work early today "HOORRAAYYY", and I'm gonna try and look underneath again.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com