Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PattBlue, Dec 29, 2001.

1. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

Okay folks my 1990 Blazer has kinda fixed itself???... After all new U-Joints and rearend fix'es It still had a vibration when starting out even sometimes sounded like the driveshaft would hit the floor..BUMP,BUMP,BUMP.. Today with the 2 feet of snow in 12 hours I thought it may be a good time to lock the hubs and throw it in 4WD. Now my vibration is gone. Any Ideas..Its stock with 2" blocks in the back and 3 leaf springs in the front. 31" A/T's.

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Check your transmission mount. That will cause that bump on take off and can cause some vibrations if the transmission is shifting way up out of its normal operating position. Just put it in drive and hold the brake down and give it some gas while someone else looks at the mount. It will move some but if it moves more than 1/2 or so you should go a head a replace it.

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Both my '88 and '90 did that. Changed motor and tranny mounts, turned out to be the bearing on the rear output shaft. It was so weird that they had the same problem.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

4. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

What's the rear output shaft?

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

5. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

I do still have a SLOPPY front yoke on my rear driveshaft..could this have something to do with it. I had a guy who's not so smart..(maybe thats why he got under it while it was running) check the tranny mounts..he said he saw nothing bad.

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Where did you feel the vibe with the tcase output bearing? Just wondering cause I have a kinda weird vibe that I was thinking could be the tcase

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>