Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration identification

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Nov 8, 2002.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

I'm having the toughest time finding the vibration in my K5. it hasn't been lifted, it has all new U-Joints, and I just replaced the trans mount. I get this vibration at around 1500-1700 RPM's It gets worse at higher speeds. It only vibrates with the gas on, if I let off the gas, it doesn't vibrate.I'm thimking engine mounts, because when brake torking I get a simular vibration only not as strong as when in motion. I can feel it in the steering wheel, in the pedal, and in the front and back seat. What could be the problem? IU have inspected the trany output shaft and pinion yolk in the rear, both are in good condition, (no play) Please let me know what elyse it could be.

TIA

Jeremy

2. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

How is the rear end? Any play in the bearings or ring gear? That is part of the vibration that I currently have.

The other thing to look at since the vibration starts at low RPM's is the Harmonic balancer. I know that on the 305's they have a history of going out.