Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration is killing me

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flyguy33, Dec 31, 2002.

1. flyguy33

flyguy33 Registered Member

Hey guys...I'm new so go easy one me..I just bought an 84 blazer and i'm trying to solve a vibration that i get once i pass up 50mph and up its starts shaking the whole freaking truck so bad i lost my fillings..i've had the wheels balanced and that doesn't seem to be it....I'm thinking it may be that there is a stud missing form the front driveline..seems to have broken off i guess only have 5 out of 6...think this may be the problem? or a loose wheel bearing?

84 blazer
    3 inch body lift
    /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

it could also be if the driveline is to long or short

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

how long has it been since you have changed your driveshaft u-joints? driveshaft could be out of balance too... who knows, balancing weight may have popped off or...?

does the rig have a lift on it? if so, it could be that there is more angularity in the driveshafts than the ujoints can handle. Might need to shim axles or get a high angle driveline. Just some ideas...

j

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

psssst...fill out your profile./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You're likely to get better responses with your profile filled out. Info on your truck plus a general location helps us help you. Someone might live 3 doors down and could be able to help you out personally...

Anyways...when did the vibe start? Have you checked your U-joints?

Rene

5. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

I just got done troubleshooting my own vibration. Try to isolate whether you vibration is up front or in the rear. Do a search under my name for posts within the last month, there is some pretty good troubleshooting ideas from the members on those threads. Also, give us some more info. on your vehicle like lift, tires, tranny, etc...

6. flyguy33

flyguy33 Registered Member

Thanks for your input...So far I've isolated the vibration to the front...The truck only has a 3 inch body lift otherwise the whole truck is pretty stock...I'm thinking a wheel bearing is loose cuz the truck tends to pull to the right when i brake to a full stop not to mention the stock steering stabilizer looks pretty shot...So, i don't know..I checked the driveshafts and it looks like it has been balanced non of the weights look like they fell off ( the welds look pretty new..) and everything else seems to check in (visually looking that is) Oh, and it seems to be leaking in between the tranny end and the transfer case...Is this a hard job to handle? I'm thinking its just a seal, that they didn't put in (no seal visible)....Thanx again /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif