Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration problem - cured!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by madmike, Aug 20, 2002.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Two weeks ago I posted a question concerning a vibration problem I was having concerning the clutch/engine. Because of the noises I was hearing, the way the engine sometimes felt out of balance, and the way the clutch pedal free play appeared to be changing, and the fact that the clutch is ten years old (no slipping though), I thought for sure I was gonna have to pull the motor to find out what was wrong in the bellhousing area.

Well, I was laying under the truck while it was running, and I noticed that the engine seemed to vibrate/shake more than the tranny, and then I noticed a gap between the engine and bellhousing on one side of the truck, none on the other. The bellhousing bolts had all become loose, and one was missing!

I tightened 'em all up, the noises disappeared, the clutch pedal free play is good, no weird vibrations, problem solved! Yeeaahh!

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I crawl under the truck and look at everything after each run. I usually find something that needs attention. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Glad you found your problem. Did I notice you said you were underneath it while it was running?
    /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hope ya put a lock washer on them...
    grant

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, Maintenance is the Key. I'm under My Truck Weekly, Looking, Checking, Eyeballing Everything. It Pays off! A little time spent, rolling around under You're rig, will save Massive Headaches Later! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I had the same problem on my S10! I didnt discover it til I was swapping the tranny...