Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88bblazen, Jul 12, 2004.

1. 88bblazen

88bblazen Registered Member

i got my driveshaft rebuilt about two weeks ago and now i have a vibration in my rear end when i am going about 65. is it the shaft or what help me out here guys and gals /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Did it vibe after replacing shaft , or just show up ? Check to see if the weight tacked to it came off . Check everything for tightness like the u-bolts etc , including the pinion nut , if thats loose it will vibe. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Is it a CV style shaft or regular 2 joint shaft? What was done when it was "rebuilt"?

4. 88bblazen

88bblazen Registered Member

it started happening after it was rebuilt. they built me a new shaft for it. and i replaced the rear yoke

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

OK , now did it vibrate before it was rebuilt and you changed the pinion yoke ? Did you double check everything ? You could take a picture and post it here so we can see the driveshaft angle . Maybe they didn't build the shaft right . Take it back and ask if they would check it , shouldn't cost anything at "most" shops to have them check their work /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif