Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration problem...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Nov 1, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

ok - ever since I lowered my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif (on-road) I've had a vibration that I cannot get rid of. vehicle is using stock springs at stock height. tranny has spacers on top of the cross member. the driveshaft just got back from the driveline shop, and the driveshaft was already perfect...

so where do I go from here, and what do I check??? this is driving me nuts! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

what speed - does it do it under load -/ decel? and do your mirrors get fuzzy where you cannot see out of them when your vibs start? Jess 530-877-2875 questions-

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Did you pull the shims from under the springs too? Does it feel like a driveline vibe, or is it in the steering etc?

-Dan

4. solowookie

it starts about 65; you feel the vibration, and hear it. depending on accell or decel it will get worse or better, but it is there, and constant. highway speedlimit here is 65, and it's driving me nuts. no the mirrors done get fuzzy. it feels like it comes right up through the floorboards.

I have a wrecked /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif here I took the driveline out of, and that's what is in it now so I have tried 2 different drive shafts. the problem did get quit a bit better with the second drive shaft, and balance was never checked with the first driveshaft.

5. solowookie

feels like a driveline vibartion... when I was shimming it I didn't have stock springs in the rear. I got tired of purchasing shims so it now has a set of stock springs in the rear so everything is at stock height. right now there are no shims or anything. straight stock.

I've been dealing with this a long time, but just recently go time / $$$ to work on the problem.

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a pinion angle / drive ahaft balancing issue to me... I'd bet that Jess could help! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

7. solowookie

that's what I keep thinking, but don't understand how a stock driveshaft that is perfectly balanace, everything else 100% stock (or should be close enough with age that it's still within reason) would have that much vibration.

man - my BDS 4" lift with stock driveshaft doesn't have a 10th the vibration problem this thing does. I'm almost fedup, and ready to purchase a high angle driveshaft just to solve the problem.