Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration problems after 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Vibration problems after 4\" lift

Help!!!

I just installed a 4" lift w/1" add a leafs on the rear on my 88 K-5... It drives great except for the vibration I'm now experiencing. I went to Drivelines NW in Seattle to have it extended and replace the u-joints but they said this wouldn't solve my vibration woes. He said the angle between the transfer case and rear diff were too far off and I had to correct them first before they can work on it! Anybody with a 4-5" lift experience the same things? How did you get the angle to correct the vibration problem? Somebody mentioned dropping the T-case down somehow. I wanna start enjoying my ride so any quick suggestions would be great!!! Ed

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: Vibration problems after 4\" lift

The way to solve it is to lower your Tcase, and possibly rotating your pinion toward the Tcase. I have a 2.5" lift with a 1" addaleaf, and I have a mild vibration. I lowered my Tcase about 1/2" and it helped somewhat. For you I would start with about 1" drop. You do this by unbolting you tcase crossmember (with a jack holding the tcase and tranny up, and put a 1" spacer between the frame and the crossmember and bolt it back up. This will help out you angle, and possibly solve your problem. Alot of times from the factory there was a spacer that is on the crossmember bolts above the frame, and if you move those spacers from above the frame to between the frame and the crossmember you won't even need to buy any new hardware.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Do what Harley said. Use the spacers from the factory and put them in between the crossmember and the frame. I have 4" lift springs in the front from Tuff Country and 6" lift springs from Tuff Country in the rear with the overload flipped. It made it sit level with the top on. It really gave me about a 5" lift. I dropped the t-case with the spacers and got rid of almost all the veibration. It only vibrates right when I take off, but thats from axle wrap from the soft springs.

4. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

The front drive shaft is about 1/2" from the exhaust y pipe... When I drop the T-case 1" will it hit the Y pipe?

5. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yes it will hit the Y pipe you will have to have the exhaust lengthened cost about $40.00 to do that...Dan