Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Jun 24, 2006.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I recently replaced my exhaust system with the Edelbrock Tubular Exhaust System (TES) w/o the air tubes for my 90 Blazer and now I've noticed a vibration when the truck is in gear and I'm stopped at a light. It's not a bad vibration however it is noticeable and annoying. I checked the entire exhaust system and there is nothing touching the exhaust. When shift the trans into neutral the vibration goes away. The tranni mounts were replaced a few years ago with polyurethane mounts. Any ideas???

BTW, the TES is attached to a high flow new CAT, and then into a Flow-master CAT-back exhaust system. All the mounts are solid so I'm stumped.

Annoyed

2. kp texan

kp texan 1/2 ton status

I have a very similar issue with my '88 K5. Whenever I stop while in gear and have my foot on the brake an annoying vibration will sometimes occur and then when I let off the brake the vibration will stop. I think it is my exhaust as well. I'm anxious to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

-Wes

3. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Exactly, I understand that running all poly mounts transfers a little more vibration to the body BUT this vibration DID NOT occur till I changed out the headers so I don't know...

4. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Check the hangers (and tabs for the hanger) and their proximity to the cab. I had a hanger that got bent up towards the cab just slightly and when I'd stop at red lights it would rest just right and chatter agains the cab. Very annoying indeed. I fixed it the same day it happened by just prying the tab down away from the cab.