Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration/ Transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I posted a question wondering about vibration under my feet, at higher rpms, and mph. Someone mentioned that it might be the output beraring in the T-case. I'm wondering where i can get an exploded view of the T-case, so I don't have to go into this project in the dark. I'm pretty sure this might be the problem, because there is differential fluid slung on the underside of the body, so at least a seal is out. Someone else mentioned that it might be the bearings in the axles. I have a chiltons, which explains how to change these, but is it worth trying myself, or should i have a mechanic check it out. I don't really think it is the bearing in the axles, becaue the whole differential was replaced about 2 1/2 years ago. Any more insight would be great, thanks. The drive train is a 305/700r4/208/10bolt3.48

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Dunc03 on 02/26/02 01:52 PM.</FONT></P>

2. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I experience vibrations under my feet much like you described exept it isn't really dependant upon the RPMs. I traced the problem to my wheel bearings on the front driver side. It certianly isn't hard to chack and replace the bearings, just make sure you do it right the first time. Follow the directions carefully as to not have to do it agian. it wouldn't be very difficult to check for contaminated grease which could be the demise of your bearings which in turn could be contributing to the vibs. You can pull the hub and see what the grease looks like. If it is muddy and has dirt in there you have to check the bearings anyway. If the grease is clean you could go on with checking other possibilities. preventative maintenance if nothing else. Good luck!