Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wnderbra, Feb 26, 2001.

1. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

I just recently put a 6in lift on my blazer and shackle kit in rear. Quick question but hard to explain. The front driveshaft was hitting the crossmember when I stomped the throttle The marks on the driveshaft where minor so I removed the old bushings and replaced with energy suspensions and gently massasged the crossmember for a bit more clearance. So here's the question Everything bolted up smooth but when I drove it the seems to be a new vibration .It is mild but I can feel it ,nothing changed but the bushings.Could it just feel different because of the new bushings opposed to the old soft rubbers? There was no vibration after installing lift. Maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about if not join the club

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Energy Suspension mounts are a bit firmer than the factory rubber. Possibility that the vibration was there before and the new mounts are just transmitting the vibration through the frame. Also, did you do anything to the drive shaft after the lift? Mine had to be lengthened after a 4" lift. They may not have enough of the splined area engaging and causing the center to wobble around a little. Just a thought.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Did you drop the t-case? Also from what I have read you need about an inch more on the front d-shaft (Superlift makes a 1" spacer). Also some people have said the CV on the front shaft sometimes needs to be grinded a bit or it binds.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI