Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tybee, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I didn't notice this problem until yesterday. When im going about 35 mph or higher and step on the accelerator pedal you hear a deep sound and feel vibration. There is no vibration when you let off the pedal and coast no mater what speed. I haven't done anything to the truck as far as modifications. I don't know if matters but I did go out in the snow a couple days ago and drove around in 4wd for a couple miles. It wasn't vibrating then. Any responses will help, Thankyou

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31 x10.50 x 15

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

After you where through playing in the snow, did you back upp 10 feet to allow the front hubs to unlock? Just guessing. If you even have automatic front hubs, Could also be a slack in one of your u-joint's. Grab your rear drive-shaft with both hands and see if you can get any movemeny sugesting wear in your crosses.

Just something to get you started, I'm sure others know more.

[​IMG] If your not living on the edge, your taking upp to much space![​IMG]

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yeah if everything stated checks out look at the u-jt's and check the driveshaft for any damage, missing weights, etc. Sounds like driveshaft boom, although it seems like that is usually when on the gas. I have seen u-jt's cause both kinds of vibes though.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I notice mine vibrates quitea bit after 4 wheeling if I don't unlock the hubs. Never did it before but I've replaced the driveshafts since the last time I locked the hubs.

"My blazer may be slow, but it goes faster at higher speeds"

Jim

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I have manual hubs, and it was out of 4wd and hubs unlocked when I noticed the vibration. There is no play in the driveshaft and the u-joints seem okay. Could it possibly be any thing else, please help. Thanks, Troy

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31 x10.50 x 15