Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BT, Jan 4, 2006.

1. BT

BT Registered Member

Another question... My truck has a 4" or 6" trailmaster lift. It was on the truck when I bought it so I am not sure exactly how tall. It does fit 35" tires easily and has never rubbed anywhere. I am thinking it is 6". The truck has had a bad driveline vibration since I bought it. I have had the tranfer case rebuilt, all new driveshafts built and balanced, new slip yoke, shimmed the rear axle, and it still has a vibration above around 60 mph. Sucks to drive on highway because of this. I saw an ad for a slip yoke w/ cv joint in a wheeling magazine. It did help when I shimmed the rear axle. I was thinking about trying a few more degree shim. I have the carpet out of the truck with line-x sprayed in interior so all road noise and vibrations are noticed. Help?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

When I had my K5 I always had vibes and went through U-Joints quick. Lowered the T-case and shimmed the axle. The only thing that I did that got rid of the vibes was a 1350 CV driveshaft. That thing was awesome!!

3. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

drop your t-case, get a slip yoke eliminator, cv flange-yoke.......just some options.

4. BT

BT Registered Member

The lift came with some spacers to drop the transfer case. where do you get the cv drive shaft? slip yoke eliminator? I wil try it.

5. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Where in Texas are you? Swing by my house and we will get you fixed up.

7. BT

BT Registered Member

I am in Mansfield (work) Midlothian (home) Where are you. If you want to look at it that would be cool. Thanks... Brent