Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by foxman, Dec 13, 2001.

1. foxman

foxman 1/2 ton status

My 90 K5 is giving me a vibration at around 50 to 60 MPH. It only seems to bibrate when my foot is on the gas. The rear U joints have been changed, and the engine in neutral at the samr RPM doesn't cause this vibration. Any Ideas on what this might be? I only have 32's on it so the angle shouldn't be doing it right? I'm thinking maybe a mount somewhere or driveshaft out of ballance? thanks for looking!!!

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

where do you feel the vibration? usually if you feel the vibration strongly in the steering wheel it's related to a front end problem, are both hubs in/out, front axle u-joints good, tie rods and linkage tight. if you feel the vibration in the seat or body of the truck it's usually rear end, drive line related, u-joints or drive shaft. check your rims, any of them bent?, or maybe a tire needs balanced

'95 Chevy Silverado 1500
    5.7 V8-NV4500- 3.73 rears