Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86badass, Jan 2, 2002.

1. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

hey there guys and gals,

i'm new here, but i'm sure i have a common problem. I own an 86 full size jimmy. Lately i've been getting a terrible vibration. i can't figure it out. i took it to the local dealer and had them look at it. They said everything is okay. but they also told me that my front axle shaft was bent??

i was like okay, so they said if they removed it the vibration would stop. Well the mechanic really removed the front drive shaft, and the service guy was just stupid. So now my 4x4 won't work. and i still have this vibration. Plus i hear the front drive shaft doesn't even move unless i'm in 4x4. so now what, i've done the search on this borad. but i have nothing like the previous posts (i think). after he removed the shaft, most of the harsh vibration stopped ( it was in a cycle after 45 mph) but now, i have a vibration from 40-65. at 65 the vibration rattles the seats and i won't go past it.

is there some really common problem with the vibrations and stuff or is this serious.?

i need help, this is my winter truck. my only way to get around

2. you must still be shaking and clicking you mouse too much causing you to post 3 times. LOL! check your rear u-joints. could also be in your steering- ball joints, tierod ends, wheel bearings, etc, get the jack out and start wiggling things.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Yeah it sounds like a rear u-joint to me. My rear tcase u-joint went and did the same thing, it was actually scary to go over 50 mph.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org

4. 86badass

okay, so rear u joints, what about my front ones?

anything else, sometimes i get a hard kick when i'm slowing down? and the vibe feels like its comming from underneath my seat.

i drive:

1986 Jimmy 4X4
    brown and tan
    new 350 engine
    no rust
    31 inch tires
    re-wired taillights (myself)

i have bad vibrations!!!!!

5. i thought you took the front one off and it still vibrates? what do you mean by a hard kick? maybe something happened when you rewired your tail lights..... J/K couldn't resist[​IMG]

you're just going to have to do some investigating under the truck- or pay someone else to- ouch! don't go back to the dealership!

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

6. 86badass

isn't there 4 u joints:

2 for the front drive
    2 for the rear

i drive:

1986 Jimmy 4X4
    brown and tan
    new 350 engine
    no rust
    31 inch tires

7. 86badass

the hard kick used to happen 6 days ago when i would slow down to stop.
    it would be like kick...kick.. kick.. stop. and sometimes when i started again.

i drive:

1986 Jimmy 4X4
    brown and tan
    new 350 engine
    no rust
    31 inch tires

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There actually are 7 u joints.

3 front driveshaft
    2 rear driveshaft
    2 axle in front

I'd replace both rear joints. About $10 or so a piece.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles