Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Jan 27, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I have a vibration around 50. I just had my tranny rebuilt and before that it vibrated from 45 to 55. The first few days it didn't do it at all and now it has started again. Is this something in the tranny, drive shaft, or somewhere else? 1600 is too much to pay and still have a vibration. Any help would be apreciated.

James

<font color=blue>91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5
    If It's a JEEP thing why is your engine and tranny the same as my K5[​IMG]</font color=blue>

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Keep it simple and check your tires first. I was getting vibrations (again) and took my blazer to Discount Tire and watched them rebalance my tires and they moved weight all around, removed it from here, added some there. It took these poor guys an hour! Then I'd check your u joints and driveshaft. I forget what brand it is but Autozone u joints are crap from what a friend told me. I took them out and bought some u joints from a small parts house and I could the difference right away. Again I forget what brand they were!

That jeep thing? Yah I understand it....... Like my Blazer? <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5>http://community.webshots.com/user/blazerk5</a>
    Jim

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'll try the balancing first. That's a good idea didn't even think of it K.I.S.S. I also found a recept from the previous owner from autozone for a u-joint so i suppose i should get one from somewhere else before this one poops out. Thanks for the idea and the warning.

James

<font color=blue>91K5 350 2.5in Suspension lift 33/12.5
    If It's a JEEP thing why is your engine and tranny the same as my K5[​IMG]</font color=blue>