Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibration

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Aug 9, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've recently noticed that when i'm on the highway sometimes my truck will shake violently at 70-75 mph. When I slow down to 60-65 it is still there and its just as bad but it isn't there all the time. I think my tires might need balancing but i wouldn't think it would shake that hard with just 33s. They have been balanced one time about 20K ago so I know they need it. Does this sound like the tires?

90K5

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

If its been 20k since you last balanced them there is a good chance. On rear wheel drive vehicles, you should rotate and balance your tires every 10k miles or so. On front wheel drive every 5k.

Did tires for 5 years and this formula always worked out great for me and my customers.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

balance the tires...had the same prob before...it will most likely fix it
    Kelboski

4. Rayven90

Rayven90 Registered Member

I too used to work tires and found that 10,000 is a good time to look at reblancing your tires. I f you know someone in the business you should take it there otherwise alot of these chain places have some inexperienced people there and you may end up with more of a problem.

Good Luck!

Ray