Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

vibration

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Jan 10, 2004.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Well I finished rebuilding my trans and its in and works great. I was kind of hoping that the burned up trans was the cause of my vibration on taking off from a stop. It wasnt. Vibration is still there only under hard acceleration from a stop. I have a pretty good idea as to what it is but I want to see what other people come up with. specs are. 1983 k5 4x4 all u joints are new and drive shatfs are balanced new gm 260hp/350 ftlbs crate motor. New rebuilt t350 and b&m 2000 stall. 35x12x15 bfg at's. 10 bolt axles with 3:08 gears. Any guesss/ideas/speculations are welcome. Thanks in advance

brad

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: viration

how much lift?

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

My guess is lift (how much by the way?) I get a vibe at 4" with the t-case lowered. I just change u-joints every other oil change.

4. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Well, without any more to go on...

I'd say the rearend is wrapping making the angle of the tranfer case output too far different from the angle of the rearend yoke.

They should be parallel with the rearend pointing down maybe a degree or two.

During driving, the torque of the motor will cause this degree or two to point up thereby making them parallel again. If the rearend is wrapping under high torque it is starting to angle up too far. Install a ladder bar up the center near the pumpkin and tie it in with a cross bar to the frame.

Do I get the cupie doll?

Doug

EDIT: By the way, you can by an angle finder at sears cheap.

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

6 inchs of lift, superlift springs and blocks in the rear. T case is lowered and the truck does not vibrate taking off in 4 low. I do suppose it could be axle wrap, but that wasnt what I was thinking. Any body else want to take a guess please do . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif