Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibrations Gone!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bluehen, Apr 22, 2006.

1. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

I took my cardan and doubled it! It is a pleasure to drive again.

6" BDS full spring kit on 87 K5. As you can imagine the single cardan shaft was too short and too angled. I changed u-joints to be safe, but I needed to go to the next step.

SO....
    I just picked up my new driveshaft from my local shop and installed it Thursday night. It is beast. 1350's all the way through except for the conversion joint until I get my 14Bff. CV at the top, leading into the slip yoke for my 208. Had to roll the pinion up 10deg to get it right, and was able to lift the t-case back up to stock location. The driveshaft shop worked with me to make sure I was getting proper measurments and such. And when the parts came in they knocked it out pretty fast. I did make some phone calls to Tom Woods and of course High Angle Driveline. Jesse gave me some great advice and I truly appreciate it. I just went with the local shop for the fact they are local and were comfortable with doing the work. I also figured that they would be more receptive to length changes on their own product. I am fortunate to have a local shop like this, but would not have hesitated to go through HAD if I didn't. If it stops raining I'll get some pics going.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sweet. I gotta get a CV shaft soon too.:wink1: