Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vibrations?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85 Jimmy, Aug 15, 2006.

1. 85 Jimmy

85 Jimmy Sheepdog Premium Member

for about a week now i've been driving around with some abnormal vibrations. it's not the DW, i've experience that and it's not the same. it almost feels like i accidentally left one of the front hubs locked (don't ask how i know what that feels like) but they are both on the free position. the vibration is there any time the truck is in motion, just sitting still it's not there. when i'm rolling and i let my foot off the gas it gets alittle better, but doesn't go away, and as soon as i guve it some more gas it gets terrible again. i also tried to pop it into nuetral while moving to see if that was the problem, well it wasn't.

about a month ago i replaced my 4 front ball joints, both draglinks, both tierod ends, inner and outer hub bearings and races, and all the seals. but that was a month ago and the problems just started. the only things i can think that it would be are that something needs to be retightened or maybe it my u-joints.

any idea's?

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My guess, u-joints. The bad one should be making a grinding, scruffing noise.

3. 85 Jimmy

well tomorrow when i go to work, if i have time i'm going to put it on a rack and check everything out

i guess i should pressure wash all the mud off of underneath before i do that though:haha:

4. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like drive line u-joints to me. Stick it in neutral and check the to see if there is any play in the u-joints by hand.

5. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the same issue it started about 300miles into my last 700mile trip. only there after driving for a while and most prominent under load. I am running 2 new drive lines in there and the ujoints checked out ok. I even put it in the air and spun it and did not find anything.

6. 85 Jimmy

it better be the u-joint's. i just crawled underneath the truck and found that one of the caps on the rear u-joints is busted and there is NO needle bearings left in there. i guess i'll replace both of them while i have it out