Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Video card stats

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Jan 2, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

My aunt got a new 'puter, how do I see what video card it has, and how much memory it runs?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Is it a prefabbed computer , what kind ?

Sometimes they display a seperate posting screen before the computer starts , and displays it on the screen for a second or two if its aftermarket .

Otherwise you have to go into device manager , or display settings to find out .

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Looks like 128 mb; seems pretty good for a cheap setup from HP...

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

any dedicated card in a prefabbed computer is great , keeps the system memory free for winders to hog it all :wink1:

5. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

If you right click on My Computer and go to Properties, under the General tab, down at the bottom, it will give you processor, what speed it's running at, and RAM.

As far as the video card, go under the Hardware tab and you'll have to scroll through and find it.

I actually use a program called CPUZ and it shows me everything. You should be able to do a google search and be able to download it for free (legally).

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Most prefabbs, dont have a VC. If the monitor is plugged into the computer near the same spot as the printer, it doesn't have a Video card.

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Like mentioned above, processor, processor speed and RAM can be seen by right clicking My Computer and going to Properties.
    [​IMG]

You can check video card by right clicking the desktop, going to Properties, then the settings tab. Alittle easier than navigating the device manager.
    [​IMG]

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

True on the plugging in part...if it's near the USB's, audio, keyboard plugins, you have a video chip set intergrated into the board. That's the problem I have, my Sony Vaio has an Intel video chipset that isn't strong enough to run Call of Duty 2....*tear* It's all good.....nvidia 7800 GT is coming soon.....