Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Video editing software question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leper, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have a computer question........
    What video editing software do you use? I am about to go get a program to make some wheeling videos and I want to know what you are using and the ease of use, and what you would rather use if you had the oppertunity to buy another program. I am using a panasonic DV tape camcorder. I am making a run to Fry's after work today to pick something up. Are there any that you would stay away from. I am not going to spend anything like 600.00, but I want something good and reliable. My rig will support anything. Plenty of HD space and memory and processor power.
    TIA
    Leper

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've been happy with Windows Movie Maker. I also have Studio 9. I actually prefer Movie Maker, but I may use Studio 9 more in the future..........

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Not as many responces as I'd hoped. I'm gonna go buy the Adobe Premier elements 3. It seems to be easy and effective. And Frys has it for 60.00.

4. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use Sony Vegas. Started off with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum then moved up from there. It is cake to use and is powerful. In my mind it is the top program out there.

The Movie Studio version is about $120. The Vegas version is a lot more than that lol.

5. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was goaded into purchasing Quicktime Pro for $25, which seems to work well for my feeble attempts at movie editing. Only problem is it seems to bring all kinds of web pop-ups with it :angry1: . I currently have it uninstalled for that very reason.

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I use Sony Vegas too. So does my pro videographer friend. It's a great program, and Sony Vegas Movie Studiop Platinum does very well for most anyone - I started with that too.

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I use vegas or Adobe premier pro 1.5