Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

video game trade in Scheme

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 10, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

EB Games makes out like bandits on used games. I just traded in Doom III. They gave me $17. I paid $49.99 + tax but hey whatever. I traded in Star Wars: Battlefront a few weeks ago for $18. So when I purchased Tribes Vengance I had to still put down $15 out of pocket. I looked and the same copy of Star Wars I traded in a few weeks ago is on the shelf for $45.99($49.99 new). 270% markup from what they give me. Interesting. Oh well.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, there's a place in Omaha called "Gamers" that deals in new and used games, and game systems. Huge mark up on the games they buy too resale. That's how they stay in bussiness I guess.

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

That's probably why so many people have turned to ebay to sell their games... they get more back, and the buyer still gets a good deal. I have bought a few there, with no problems yet.. I have to really like a game to pay full price.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm already regretting the $15 out of pocket I spent on Tribes tonight /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Haven't played online or gotten out of the stupid training crap yet though.

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I think that is how all trade in things work. At school you trade in a textbook for 20 bucks and they turn around and sell it for 80. I started keeping all my books for this reason. [censored] the bastards!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That's probably why so many people have turned to ebay to sell their games... they get more back, and the buyer still gets a good deal. I have bought a few there, with no problems yet.. I have to really like a game to pay full price.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, just bought "Kill Switch" for the PS2 off Ebay. $15.01 + 4.50 shipping for a new (Sealed) game. Ebay rocks for somethings.

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, just bought "Kill Switch" for the PS2 off Ebay. $15.01 + 4.99 shipping for a new (Sealed) game. Ebay rocks for somethings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trues that.. I've found a deal or 2 on ebay... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

I really like it for the kiddos games. My oldest girl play sometimes, but not like a little boy might. Anyway, she sometimes wants some laim games... after a short while, I can always find them on ebay, sealed, for next to nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I actually got one, for like 99 cents.. the freaking shipping was more than the game.. think I paid 5 total. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I think that is how all trade in things work. At school you trade in a textbook for 20 bucks and they turn around and sell it for 80. I started keeping all my books for this reason. [censored] the bastards!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except when you have the books a few years later and realize you will never use them again and that they are now out of date and not worth anything.

Its just business. When a a business buys something from you they don't care how much you paid, they look at how much it costs them to buy new wholesale. Wholesale price on a lot of stuff is probably 50% of retail. Just the way things work, good thing there is Ebay /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif