Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VIDEO - Muddin my blazer in 2WD... guess what happened!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Dec 21, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Its been raining here in SoCal (which is rare) and I didn't have my front driveshaft on due damage... but I had to take the truck out and get it muddy all the same. The area doesn't look real deep but it is thick along the middle. I pulled a couple 4wd trucks out the day before. It was only a matter of time before I hit a deep spot and the wide front 38's stopped the truck... thats what I get for trying to avoid debris in the pit! Its 7MB at 256K so cable or DSL users only.

http://www.echobit.com/video/2wd-muddin.wmv

Karma brought someone out there and they pulled me out... thankfully!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

awesome video but why was he trying to pull you sideways instead of straight out?

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, the area is really decieving and there is only one path down to the pit with any traction to it. You can't tell by the video nor can you tell standing on top of it.. but as soon as you pull a truck on it they sink like a rock! I didn't want to take a chance of him getting stuck either with his stock lift and all season tires so we snapped it out almost sideways... it wasn't easy but it worked! There was a 2000 4wd s10 extra cab stuck in the same spot yesterday that I got stuck, at about the same angle.. I pulled him out with my aired down "2wd" on that same little peninsula of hard pack dirt. The grass out there is reall marshy and you need speed to get through. I can't wait to go back out.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah,I thought the same thing.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

awesome video!! love watching chevys playing in the mud like that!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

do you have rear shocks?
    dam that thing is sprung soft

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

My shocks ar mounted at an extreme angle, forward. They were too stiff straight up and down, now a little on the soft side. I had them angled in over the axle but it nearly caused a rollover, now they are forward and on the sides.. The truck isn't nearly as unstable now. I LOVE the 57's super soft ride.. now I just have to slow down their motion a little bit.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

if you tryed to run around like that in a lot of chevys you would have a headache by the time you were done! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Mmmmmmm, mud. gotta love it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i miss those days. damn, i need to get a wheelin rig together again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

VIDEO ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Thats some seriously soft springs!!!! I cant wait for my first paycheck from circuit city so I can so a spring swap!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Cool vid. I have not had my truck on the road since the 57's were installed, but since watching the video...I am going to add some more leafs to the pack.

12. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Adding leafs will give you height but not stiffen it up much. The bounce is a lack of dampening. My truck bounced like this with my stock springs too.. just not quite as high.

13. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

love the vid!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    i'm going to work on the truck tomorow to get it out ASAP
    ur vid got me going again!!!
    thanx man!!!
    Keep them coming!!!!!can't wait

14. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

nice video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

YUMMY!! Did you try it backwards in 2wd at any point? Its rather fun to see the mud that way!!

16. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Cool vid. Blazer's are cool on any terrain but masters of mudd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Awesome video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have your shackle flip and a set of 57" ford springs I bought off of another member on here. I should have it in by Christmas eve, can't wait to see just how soft the ride is going to be and the amount of flex I will get /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

This wasn't one of my better videos.. I filmed it to get an outside look at how the truck reacted.. but I thought (as stated above) that it might help get others motivated! Watching videos of others always gets me driven to work on my truck.

Your going to love those 57's!!! While it looks a like a pogo stick on the vid.. it was hardly noticable from inside the cab. Everytime I give someone a ride, the first thing they always say is.. Dang.. this thing rides like a Cadillac!

19. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Damn! I hope you had a tranny cooler!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You all from sunny Southern California crack me up sometimes!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cool video!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Once upon a time in a world far far away... I did the same thing! Except I had to be pulled out by a four cylinder Jeep! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan