Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Video: My School Bus vs. Bronco

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I lost in the bus.

I love how he put this video clip together. :haha:

This is the link: http://mudallica.50megs.com/images/dirty_nite.jpg

or go to this page: http://mudallica.50megs.com/photo.html and click on the photo captioned: "Raced the tow rig against Allans Chev with Thornbirds in the light mud. Real close...my street tires left me a hair behind every time."

Let me know if it works or not.

2. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

but the cool and amusing thing and all is u did it bro ;) :bow: :bow:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I so want to own a full size school bus. I'd prolly convert it to a motor home but I'd keep it yellow and what not. Always thought it'd make a great tow rig. Prolly really crappy gas mileage but definate style points. Besides you could take all your best friends and they could help split the gas.

5. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Not too hard to make that dream come true...

You can get used school busses for next to nothing in many cases..after about 5-10 years they usually retire them from hauling kids to school,and they get sold to churches or other non-profit places that use them only lightly compared to the school duties...they then sell them cheap,or practically have to beg junkyards to take them--many yards used them to store engines and parts,but lately they would rather refuse them!--even the scrapyards dont really care for them--it takes a lot of work with a forkloader to chop one up small enough to fit in the crusher...

My friend bought one for 150 bucks when he moved to florida 10 years ago,and he still has it parked on a lot for a "camp" ...only thing it needed was 48 quarts of ATF--the Allison tranny leaked like a seive,other than that it ran great,and it hauled ALL his stuff in one trip!--Washing machines,dryer,fridge,furniture,all his huge heavy snap on toolboxes,EVERYTHING!! :bow: :crazy: they are usually low geared though,so 55-60 might be your top speed,and gas mileage is NOT a big selling feature..5-8 mpg is all you will get most likely... :crazy:

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

People around here still sell them for $800-$2000, even as old as mine. When I got mine I got offers for between $1000-$1500 for one of them. I paid $500 for both of them, so $250 per bus.
    They don't get very good mileage, and are gutless when theres a heavy load. But I still like having them, even if for no real purpose.