Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

VIDEO! Testing my flip brackets... engine sounds like a F-15 ???!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Apr 18, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I was out testing my flex today with my new brackets. I got some good footage (all the rest is in the link in my sig) but I think the high speed run was the best of all due to the strange F-15 like sound the camera "thought it heard". LOL

http://www.echobit.com/video/flyby.wmv

I hung the rear tire a few times today too and this time I got under there and unbolted the hung side shock to see how much more flex I could get... but I was the SHOCKed one! The shock was fully extended... but so was the suspension on the stock leaves. What was strange is that with both fully extended, the bolt holes fully lined up, a perfect fit. So, I've hit a brick wall in flex, time to get creative and get that coil and link suspension built (I'm starting right now!)

2. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

way coooooool!

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Didn't that sound strange? I wasn't into the throttle too much either... The dust it kicked up shows what a 10 foot brick walls aerodynamics can achieve!! LOL!

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That was pretty cool! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Now for the missle launcher sound...../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Cool. Scared me into remembering....sounded like something wizzzing by your head in training....only no crump or crump-boooom.....

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I'll bet if I reversed the video it would sound like a missle launcher! (just to clarify though, I didn't edit this clip at all, its as captured! !... , I might speed it up though and see what it looks like!)

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Mike (hope you don't mind if I call you Mike!)-

Sweet videos! I liked the F-15 clip so much that I went and checked out everything else on your site! Some good stuff there! Nice work on the videos!

BTW- do you make those shackle flips yourself? $70 for 5.5" of lift, sounds like a pretty good deal to me! I might have to look into this very soon... just lemme get the truck on the road again! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Drop me some info in a PM about those... I would be interested!

Thanks!
    -Dan

8. hey, checked out your web page. those brackets look great! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Mike is good! If someone called me BorregoK5 anywhere else I wouldn't know who they were talking about!

I'm really happy with the new brackets, but sad that unbolting my shocks didn't let it drop any further(the stock k10 leafs are completely flexed out!) I really can't complain though with as much flex as I am getting with so little invested. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks BlueBeast, I've put a lot of time into them!