Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Video.... Tori89K5 at Moab..

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Oct 18, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

so is the CCHHHHAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAYY one next..haha

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I like the "Over the top of Molly's Head" view on that one!!!!!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Ouch, how bad was the side of his truck? Also, who was spotting for him? I gotta make sure to never let them spot for me! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

5. gokartergo

I'm keeping my mouth shut about who was spotting for him..LOL.. Chaz I will put up the Chaz MOOORRRAAAYYY ones up saturday..

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That whole scene with Tori coming up that obstacle was pretty terrifying. If you watch it frame-by-frame, you can see a moment where he's got the truck SO leaned over onto the passenger door that TWO tires are off the ground!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was sure he was going to roll....

The other guys you see and hear in that clip ("Caved in your quarterpanel") were some J**P guys just hanging out at the obstacle drinking beer and waiting for people to come through it. You should have seen the look on their faces when the FULLSIZE trucks showed up and climbed that thing!!! They were really blown away. I guess they don't see many fullsize trucks in Moab! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

heheheh I was spoting him! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    That was a great time! We had a blast! and I only wish it wasn't a two day drive to get there so we can play again. Shoot with 50 trails you need 50 days to see it all!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. gokartergo

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    heheheh I was spoting him!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to say anything...LOL

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

geez man...i thought you were a good spotter...you got me threw the mini rubicon...what happened since then /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. gokartergo

The thing I noticed the most when watching the Moab video..........Very little dust... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

no dust is good...the dust up on the rubicon had to be the worst...just fine powder...and i got the dirtiest i have ever been while on a wheelin trip...and got the pictures to prove it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

You know.... after watching that the other day for the first time, i too was wondering who was spotting me... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    no... Burt and Frizz had me.. but they were watching the front as i was bull-dozing a rock diff guard style. There was a lot happening on that obstacle right then. I was so impressed with how my truck was doing, i got a little over confident and tried just about the hardest line i could. Leaned over, right rear wheel on the boulder that Frizz's diff got hung on,.... and shoveling another rock with the front while driving thru a narrow and deep trough. It wasnt as spooky as it looked. The damage was minimal, and you actually can hardly see it. I also got to use the rock sliders /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for putting it on the web Dan !!!

tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif