Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vin number help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deerhunter, Nov 6, 2000.

1. deerhunter

deerhunter Newbie

Hi Folks! This is my first posting here. I live in Montrose CO and just recently purchased a 76 K5. However, it does not have the correct engine in it according to the last six of the vin. If someone could break down my vin and let me know what engine it should have had in it as well as break down the engine number to let me know what it does have, I would be greatful. The numbers are as follows: VIN-CKL186F119993. (Does the "C" mean Canada?) Engine numbers are: 14K418593 T0912CMR. This "CMR" suffix code is what is stumping me. The engine numbers are telling me it is a 1974 block in a 1976 K5, but what size and HP? Thanks much, Scott Johnston

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

VIN
    1st position C=Chevrolet T=GMC
    2nd position C=2 wheel drive K=4 wheel drive
    3rd position L=350 V8 4BBL
    1st number 1=1/2 ton (GVW range)
    2nd number model type 8 Blazer (carryall)
    3rd number is year 1976
    remaining numbers is the serial number

On the engine code, the T is Tonawanda, 09 is September, 12 is day of manufacture, C is carryall, MR is transmission and engine combination.
    Couldn't find reference to the rest of the serial number. hope this helps some.

3. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Deerhunter,
    Try checking out this website, it might help.
    http://www.mortec.com/
    I hope it helps.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!