Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Vintage camper pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjbear, Nov 23, 2003.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I recently inhearated some family pics. I thought CK5 might like to see a few of them. They are of my dad's 76 K10 w/ a slide in camper. They were taken in my grandparent's driveway in '76 or maybe '77. I know pics of this thing were taken in the woods, but I don't know if any survived some messy family issues. I'm just happy I got these /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one is of his '69 Z-28 taken in '71. He bought it in '70 and still has it today. It has 40,000 mi on right now! Notice the old Standard Oil gas station in the background.
    [​IMG]

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

nice! wish i was my age that i am right now back then, i always dream about that, just ot be alive when 67-72 models of cars and trucks were brand new on lots would be badass, and when old good vehicles were brand new and daily drivers and when thats all there was were real vehicles

missed it all, its not fair, sob sob, hehe

i drug a 74 c20 camper chevy truck up here to cut up last fall, stil had camper and all intact. 454 th400 3.73 14 bolt FF, identical to that in pic, just couple years older/

i love that Z287, i wish i could get my hands on one so bad,.....

never will be able to though

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, mid 60s to the earily 70s were some of the best looking cars and trucks ever built. Not just GM, across the board. I've been lucky enough to own a few, but I always find something else I want. I guess I need a barn, or better yet some sort of Jay Leno type garage!