Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Viper vs. Busa video

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 28, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

This is what fast is:

*Warning, not dial-up friendly

VIDEO

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Damn! I wonder if they had the road closed... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How fast did they say the viper GTS was going?

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

When they pulled out the GPS for that one run, it said 165...but, if you keep watching, at one point you see the CHASE bike's speedometer push 180. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Makes me wanna sell the K5 so I can have half of a down payment for a 'Busa... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

EDIT: I just watched the video again, and now I have a hard-on.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

HOLY 180 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thats FAST. What kind of bikes were those? "Crotch Rockets" as some people call them??? Thanks for the video /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

dat wash sho fasht! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

i would go so far as to be a riceboy if i could drive a car/bike like that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Suzuki Hayabusa's....ie "Viper vs. Busa" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

Yeah. they are definately badass bikes; my buddy has an '02 and it is amazingly fast. He showed me a video on kazaa of a turbo busa riding a wheelie till 140 and going way past 220

11. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

Hmm, bet I could give the first two a run for thier money on my gixxer 1000, it gives up about 12 horsepower to the stock Busa, but its about 120lbs lighter as well, not to mention with my skinny 170lb butt the horsepower to weight ratio is better, esp. compared to some of those heavy guys.

12. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the hayabusa is the fastest production bike available. the top speed is 189mph. now the have a governer on them to only allow you to go 140 or something like that.

when they first cameout, one of the local shop sponcered racers went from Ann Arbor to chigaco in 2 hours. his average speed down I-94 was 170mph on a stock bike. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    esp. compared to some of those heavy guys.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking the same thing. I bet those bikes could go faster if the riders weren't such fat bastards...

14. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah, awesome bikes /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif, my buddy has one, he doesnt go that fats though.....yet!

15. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmm, bet I could give the first two a run for thier money on my gixxer 1000, it gives up about 12 horsepower to the stock Busa, but its about 120lbs lighter as well, not to mention with my skinny 170lb butt the horsepower to weight ratio is better, esp. compared to some of those heavy guys.

[/ QUOTE ] I bet my 145lb butt could give you a run for your money in a 1/4 mile! And its just a 600! By the way- why was the camera bike able to keep up with the modified Busa and the Viper? He even had to let off in the first couple of shots to keep from catching them! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I bet my 145lb butt could give you a run for your money in a 1/4 mile! And its just a 600! By the way- why was the camera bike able to keep up with the modified Busa and the Viper? He even had to let off in the first couple of shots to keep from catching them! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That goldish bike was modified, and when it raced the viper it beat it, but not by much.

17. bigburban383

I'm kinda disappointed that nobody said anything about that viper. That facker is FAST. It was racing the stock busas and keeping up if not beating them. Let alone he ran the thing full bore multiple times. I wonder what he runs in the 1/4 mile? What do stock busas run in the 1/4?

18. owen

owen 1/2 ton status

several claims put the Busa in the 9's in a quarter, but I have never seen one do it in person... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I do know that it is faaaassst-er than my K5!

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i love the viper more than any thing in there or on this web stit ( although i do love a lot of stuff I see) i'll take the viper over any chroch rocket, except maby the dodge tomohalk, Any one seen it? four wheels and a v-10 viper engen, Not street legal and an estamated top speed or OVER 300 MPH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Hey take a look at me on my wedding day last year!!!!! http://community.webshots.com/photo/129911063/129912202oPGgHU

20. bigburban383

I seen GSXR 1000s in the tens if I can remember at the drag strip.