Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Virago 750 questions

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by DUKE, Apr 24, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine has had this bike for a while, nice clean and used to be running good.
    He is not mechanically inclided at all and fuwked up his oil change, somthing with the oil filter and it not geting enough oil. The shop figured out why the bike was acting crappy. my buddy is freaked cuz he thinks he ruined and wants to sell it to me for a hundred bucks. cuz he cant fix it or pay the shop to.

I havent seen the bike yet, let allone checked it out. Is there a chance it isnt "too" fawked or even a little bit of time without enough oil going to cause major damage. I would rather not drag it across country when i move if it is going to be a pain to fix, or easier to get a better bike.

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

There is a chance, but do you want to risk it? Japanese engines are pretty tough, but who knows what you'll have to do to fix it. 100 for a bike is a deal, even if it needs work, and you could probably find another motor, but there's a lot of work involved there. A friend of mine once told me that 1000 bucks for a running motorcycle of any kind is a good deal...but if that engine is going to eat itself...it's a tough call. Basically I've been no help at all and am sorry I wasted your time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    A buddy of mine has had this bike for a while, nice clean and used to be running good.
    He is not mechanically inclided at all and fuwked up his oil change, somthing with the oil filter and it not geting enough oil. The shop figured out why the bike was acting crappy. my buddy is freaked cuz he thinks he ruined and wants to sell it to me for a hundred bucks. cuz he cant fix it or pay the shop to.

I havent seen the bike yet, let allone checked it out. Is there a chance it isnt "too" fawked or even a little bit of time without enough oil going to cause major damage. I would rather not drag it across country when i move if it is going to be a pain to fix, or easier to get a better bike.

[/ QUOTE ] Nothing a bag of "Uncle Ben's Rice" wouldn't fix, LOL. I'd say get it. Hell, it's a good deal even if you have to put a different motor in it. Swapping motors in bikes isn't that hard to do, and you can find wrecked bikes with good motors fairly cheap.

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

How much is the bill to the shop that is owed?

5. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

the bill is about 100 bucks, thats why his is asking that much. So basically i pay for what he owes the shop to get the bike. I think i am going to get it from him, as it looks like it will be fun, if not easy.